By Chris Haseman
Android necessities is a no-frills, no-nonsense, code-centric run throughout the guts of program improvement on Google's cellular OS. This publication makes use of the advance of a pattern program to paintings via themes, targeting giving builders the basic instruments and examples required to make practicable advertisement purposes paintings. protecting the whole lot of the Android catalog in lower than a hundred and fifty pages is just very unlikely. as a substitute, this booklet makes a speciality of simply 4 major subject matters: the appliance existence cycle and OS integration, person interface, location-based companies, and networking.
Read Online or Download Android Essentials PDF
Similar tablets & e-readers books
Nokia's sequence forty Developer Platform provides Java builders entry to the world's highest-volume, fastest-growing, and most fun cellular markets. Nokia sells on the subject of a hundred million devices inside their Developer Platform households each year, and the sequence forty Developer Platform is the highest-volume platform within the family members.
Mac OS X transportable Genius is often on the prepared for you with evidence, assistance, and secrets and techniques to offer you the main out of your favourite OS. This genius teaches you to customise your laptop and workspace, troubleshoot and preserve Mac OS X, and simply have a good time. Browse and control photos and multimedia, hearken to track and Podcasts, reproduction song to an iPod, upload a printer, sync your Mac to different units, and take regulate of Leopard to make it be just right for you.
Create widgets and internet apps for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS X with DashcodeDashcode is a software program software that makes it fast and straightforward to create dashboard widgets and net apps for Mac desktops, iPhone, and iPad. Widgets and internet apps attach clients with content material from the net similar to Twitter feeds, motion picture showtimes, information updates, and extra.
Google at the pass the simple, enjoyable, functional consultant TO GOOGLE ANDROID telephones! So you’ve bought a type of scorching new Android-powered telephones? amazing! Now, get the main out of it with Google at the pass! This pleasant, effortless publication indicates precisely how one can use your mobile to make your lifestyles extra effective, extra effective, and extra enjoyable!
- Beginning Android Wearables
- Rhomobile Beginner's Guide
- Wireless Algorithms, Systems, and Applications: 10th International Conference, WASA 2015, Qufu, China, August 10-12, 2015, Proceedings
- Droid Pocket Guide, The
- Emerging Technological Risk: Underpinning the Risk of Technology Innovation
Additional info for Android Essentials
You started by looking at a functional splash screen. This let you explore the essentials of starting, maintaining, and moving through the Activity object. It let you get your foot though the door about intents and interprocess/object communication. Using and passing intents between activities, services, content handlers, and intent receivers is probably one of the most important things that sets Android apart from the other mobile environments. With activities and communication basics under your belt, you moved on to the service and intent receiver.
2. Listen for clicks or select events on the Login button widget. Getting a Handle on Things The first task is to get a pointer to elements you’ve defined in your XML layout files. To do this, you’ll make sure that each XML widget you want to access has an android:id parameter. java file has the ID you need. The following is an example of how to get a pointer to the View object when your application starts up. loginbutton); } Here you’ve acquired a pointer to the login button by calling findViewById.
3. The service class, called PrankService, listening for the PrankActivity’s intent, would start and begin to play an obnoxious, predefined audio file. It would continue to play until it was told to stop by the PrankActivity’s call to the method stopService. info 33 Note This sample application does not deal with the handset’s native SMS application. Because all intent receivers are notified of an incoming intent, your application will be competing for user attention with Android’s SMS inbox application.