By Kim Johan Holmberg
The aim of any study evaluate is to judge the price or caliber of the examine compared to different study. As caliber is extremely subjective and hard to degree, citations are used as a proxy. Citations are a major a part of scholarly verbal exchange and an important element of examine assessment, with the idea being that hugely brought up paintings has encouraged the paintings of many different researchers and as a result it truly is extra useful. lately we've seen new on-line facts resources being researched for this goal and disruptive principles with the ability to alter learn evaluation, and maybe even technological know-how as an entire, were born. Altmetrics is the hot learn region that investigates the opportunity of those new info resource as symptoms of the influence that study has made at the medical group and past, and therefore most likely additionally as signs of the societal effect of analysis. This publication will current a few of these new information resources, findings from previous altmetrics learn, and the disruptive rules which can transform scholarly communication.
- Presents the various key rules and recommendations in prior study which were riding the evolution from bibliometrics to webometrics, and with the arrival of social media to altmetrics
- Discusses the shortcomings and pitfalls of bibliometrics in examine review and the possibility of altmetrics to beat a few of these shortcomings
- Presents one of the most vital facts assets of altmetrics, the aggregators, and the several stakeholders
- Reviews present study approximately altmetrics and discusses attainable destiny trends
- Presents how to degree and mixture altmetrics in accordance with the extent of influence or kind of impression they represent
Read Online or Download Altmetrics for information professionals : past, present and future PDF
Similar bibliographies & indexes books
It is a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It offers an entire scientific dictionary protecting hundreds of thousands of phrases and expressions with regards to inguinal hernia. It additionally offers vast lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it offers info to clients on how you can replace their wisdom utilizing a variety of net assets.
Tough justice has frequently been served within the pages of serial novels, significantly starting with Don Pendleton's The Executioner in 1969. this can be the 1st evaluate of the serial vigilante style, which featured such hard-boiled protagonists as Nick Carter, Mark Stone, Jake model and capable crew one of the one hundred thirty sequence that Pendleton's novel.
BOOKS ON SOVIET RUSSIA, 1917-1942 by means of Philip Grierson, M. A. Excerpt from Preface THIS ebook represents the 1st try to collect an inventory of books and pamphlets on post-revolutionary Russia which have been released in nice Britain. The interval that it covers is the twenty-five years among February 1917 and the top of June 1942.
The purpose of the current bibliography is to supply the coed of metaphor with an up to date and complete (albeit no longer exhaustive) evaluation of modern courses facing a variety of features of metaphor in a number of disciplines. the place the emphasis is totally on particular works “about” metaphor, in general in philosophy, linguistics, and psychology, the checklist has been supplemented with references to stories the place metaphor is explicitly famous as an device of study or research (e.
- A Bibliography of George Berkeley: With Inventory of Berkeley’s Manuscript Remains
- John Austin, Jurists: Profiles in Legal Theory Series (Stanford Law Books - Jurists: Profiles in Legal Theory)
- George Crumb: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
- The Coretta Scott King Awards, 1970-2009: 40th Anniversary (Coretta Scott King Awards Book)
- Teaching Revising and Editing: An Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies and Indexes in Mass Media and Communications)
Additional info for Altmetrics for information professionals : past, present and future
633) writes that “we must cease taking the individual’s knowledge structures as our starting point. Rather, we should focus our attention on knowledge domains, disciplines, or other collective knowledge structures. ” Understandably qualitative analysis dealing with the motivations behind thousands of citations cannot be made. The assumption then is that those citations that are created for reasons other than to acknowledge value of earlier work are few enough to fade into the background or filtered out during the analysis when dealing with massive amounts of data.
The article is scheduled to be published by the journal almost 18 months from now. In this case, it will take over 2 years from the initial idea for the research to actually be published and before other researchers can cite it. And it will probably take at least another year before any potential citations to it would appear in the citation databases. Because scholarly communication takes a long time citations need to be accumulated for some time before citation analyses can be done. Brody, Harnad, & Carr (2006) referred to the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) Journal Citation Reports from 2003 and wrote that, for instance, in physics it can take up to 5 years before a paper has received half of the citations that it is going to ever receive (a measurement referred to as cited half-life) and that the typical cited half-life for journals in physics is between 3 and 10 years.
As there is some evidence that listing authors in alphabetical order is declining (Waltman, 2012), we can perhaps assume that the order of authors in some way reflect their contributions. It has been shown that the first and last positions in the author lists tend to be connected to a more leading role, with the last position also tending to indicate academic seniority of the author (Costas & Bordons, 2011). , Egghe, Rousseau, & Van Hooydonk, 2000; Gauffriau & Larsen, 2005). As so often with bibliometrics, there are no standards for how to treat co-authors and the approach chosen depends on what the researcher is trying to investigate.